Monday, June 16, 2014

My Teaching Philosophy

I will be doing an at-home preschool with my son for his last year before school starts. I've tried to think of some topics that will interest him, and where he also needs improvement. I don't anticipate I will have more than an hour of time to do the following- he has a pretty short attention span, and I have other kids to take care of, too, who won't always sleep when I want! So far, I've decided to have a schedule as follows:

Every day: Spanish, Reading, Scripture

Additionally, we will focus on certain subjects a few days of the week:

Monday: Writing
Tuesday: Math
Wednesday: Writing
Thursday: Math
Friday: Misc- Manners, Science, Culture, etc.

I have 42 weeks planned, taking a break on certain holidays and the entire week of Christmas.

Although I have a pretty structured plan of what I want to accomplish, I also want this to be fun for both of us, so I will try to incorporate games, even if they don't always have obvious educational application. For example, battleship, chutes and ladders, and go fish. He can be pretty resistant at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment